What’s on Offer?
In January 2006 CSCS introduced a new web service based on WordPress 2. In 2018 CSCS now hosts all of the Clinical School departmental websites in a managed WordPress (http://wordpress.org) environment, and many more group and study websites use this managed WordPress service.
We provide the following services to all departments and groups within the School of Clinical Medicine:
- Provision of a website for all departments and groups using the current University style. All sites are hosted in a centrally managed and supported WordPress Content Management System. Free of charge.
- Web design and hosting for groups who collaborate with external groups, and do not want to use the University style. Free of charge for CSCS managed sites, but subject to workload constraints. Charges will be made for hosting 3rd-party designed and maintained sites.
- General web support and advice provided for all School departments and groups
1. Institutional, departmental and group websites
The School provides free-of-charge, provision for departmental and group websites hosted on School web-servers in the WordPress content management system. Websites may be hosted using a departmental domain name in the following forms: www.departmentname.cam.ac.uk or departmentname.medschl.cam.ac.uk
Administrative access to each site may be granted to specified departmental contacts, and a list of authorised users may be maintained by these administrators within the WordPress system. All user access is made through the University of Cambridge Raven service. Each site may contain Raven-protected pages or subsites.
2. Web design and hosting sites that do not use the University style
For websites that are not required to use the University style e.g. collaborative websites with external institutions and groups, we have a number of professionally-designed 3rd-party WordPress themes. An initial meeting with the client group is used to create a scope for the new site project, and an initial cost and schedule made.