Access to the CSCS Main Server Room (MSR) is managed in a controlled manner to ensure that an appropriate level of security is maintained at all times.
All visitors requiring access to the MSR must follow the procedure and complete the web form below.
- All visitors must give CSCS 24 hours notice for access to the server room. Without this notice, access will be facilitated on a best-effort basis. In the case of an emergency visitors should call our Service Desk (01223 336 261) to request access urgently. This does not negate the need to fill in all details on the request form.
- CSCS require the names of ALL visitors to the server room for each access request.
- Visitors must inform CSCS of the rough scope of the work being undertaken, the equipment being worked on and the likely duration.
- Visitors must only access racks containing their equipment that they own or have authorisation to access, or the equipment being worked on.
- Access to the MSR is logged via card access and the MSR is monitored by CCTV 24 hours a day.