We are able to quote for and supply a variety of computer devices, peripherals and components including PCs, Macs, printers, laptops, USB memory sticks, and many more.
CSCS will provide recommendations and will purchase PCs, peripherals and network equipment on behalf of their users. One-off purchases include a 15% surcharge, which will be included in your quote; in return we offer the following services:
- We will assess your requirements and provide recommendations
- We will negotiate with suppliers to provide a very competitive price
- Upon confirmation of a quoted product, we will order the equipment, configure for your needs and deliver to your desk (removing your old equipment where required)
- If the equipment suffers from a hardware failure within 30 days from delivery, we will process the return to the supplier, and deliver the replacement, configured to meet your requirements. If the equipment has a hardware failure after 30 days you will need to contact the supplier to arrange a return under warranty (where a warranty is still applicable).
CSCS try to keep stock a single model of laptops that meet a variety of needs. These are provided at a lower price as they require less technician time to set up but will require some tasks being done by the end user in conjunction with some automation.
Please note that pricing is subject to change without notice as we are bound by the University’s Dell contract and other supplier stocks vary and prices change outside of our control. If prices change, we will contact you to advise what the options are.
CSCS is authorised to order computer equipment VAT exempt if the goods fulfil two criteria:
- Computer equipment used in medical or veterinary research, training, diagnosis or treatment
- Payment is from funds provided by a charity or from voluntary contributions
Items that do not fulfil both these requirements must be ordered including VAT. More details are available from the University Admin webpages: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/cam-only/offices/finance/procedures/vat/vat.pdf
CSCS are not licensed to retail software. Whilst we are more than happy to discuss your requirements and provide recommendations we cannot provide the license. In most cases, this can be purchased through the UCS software sales team and more information can be found here: http://www.ucs.cam.ac.uk/compsoft/software-sales.
If you would like to know more about purchasing through CSCS, please contact the Support Team on ext. 36261 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations and Returns
Once an order is placed and accepted by the manufacturer or distributor, returns or cancellations are subject to their terms. They often charge a 25% restocking fee which will be passed on to the purchaser. CSCS will endeavour to resell any order to another customer but sometimes this is not possible and the restocking charge would apply.