Removing a computer from support isn’t simply a matter of removing it from your bill. It can have several implications.
An unsupported computer:
- Can’t be logged onto with a Mints/SLCU/Biosci account and needs a local account
- Home and group drives will no longer be mapped automatically
- Printers will need to be added manually as the automatic mapping and maintenance of drivers no longer happens
- Needs operating system and other software patches to be installed by the user
- May need the operating system that it came with originally re-installed
- May need some software removed if the licence only applies to supported computers
Please fill out this form to proceed and we’ll get back to you with any questions. Unfortunately you’ll need to fill out the form separately for each device, as the base licensing and requirements may all be different.