Removing a computer from support isn’t simply a matter of removing it from your bill, so below are are list of things you should be aware of:
- The device will be wiped of the operating system, as well as software, applications and all data, so you will need to make sure you have backed up anything you need to retain.
- CSCS will only reinstate the operating system that the device was purchased with.
- You will then not be able to log on to the device with a Mints/SLCU/Biosci account. Instead you will need a local account.
- You will no longer be able to access your Home and Group drives.
- You will need to set up printers manually, as the automatic mapping and maintenance of drivers will no longer be available.
- You will need to install and update the operating system and other software patches yourself ongoing, to keep the device safe and secure.
Please fill out this form to proceed and we’ll get back to you with any questions – Request to remove a computer from CSCS support.
Please note you’ll need to fill out the form separately for each device, as each device and the base licensing and/or requirements may all be different.