The Network Connection service is available for computers, laptops, wireless access points, printers or VoIP telephones.
This service provides the following:
- At least 100Mb connection for all data devices, 1Gb connections where available.
- Phones are provided with Power over Ethernet, and redundant power supplies to prevent interruption from short power outages.
- For supported computers and laptops this service provides both wired and wireless network connections (where the MINTSG or MINTSN wireless networks are present).
- The service includes support for the network connection (but not support for the device itself).
- CSCS is responsible for making sure that existing wall ports are connected to our network switches, assigning IP addresses and registering in the University’s DNS system (Jackdaw)