In response to the huge shift to home working, CSCS is proud to announce the launch of our new Remote Device Management service for supported computers. Starting immediately, new computers purchased from us will be deployed in a safe, contact free manner, and will work as well offsite as they would onsite. What this means:
- The computer can be delivered boxed directly to a home address.
- Setup will occur automatically once the user signs in – no need to be onsite, no need to sit with a technician.
- Standard applications will be installed, including a pre-configured VPN and Office 365.
- The user will be automatically signed into Office 365 applications such as Email and Teams.
- The users’ data folders are automatically synced to their University OneDrive account, with 5TB of storage, to ensure backup.
- The device is fully managed and supported by CSCS.
- If a device is to be transferred to a new owner it can easily be remotely reset.
- All devices have encryption enabled as standard. In the event of a device being lost or stolen it can also be remotely wiped.
Setup takes around 90 minutes on a good internet connection. For those with poor internet connections, CSCS will offer a ‘White Glove’ option, where we will perform installation of the device for you prior to delivery / collection.
Existing laptops will be moved over to this new system over the coming months.