The goal of the project is to replace the functionality currently in CSCS’s existing IT service management system with a better platform that will support the extension of the scope and use of the tool throughout the department and the Clinical School.
The key objectives for the system are:
- Provide the best Organisation Unit model to fit the operational needs of CSCS.
- Utilise an ITSM solution that can be used to effectively manage customer incidents.
- Provide customers access to their Incidents and Service Requests via a Self Service portal.
- Service Level Management should be driven from a combination of Services and Organisational Units.
- Quality of Incident information – where possible, the new system will leverage the use of validated values to promote consistency and value to reporting output.
- Greater visibility of data between parent objects such as Incident and Tasks upon related activity history items.
- Internal User Data imported from CSCS Core User Datasources (Active Directory).
- Implement a robust OU Data model with links to Services, CI’s and Customers to facilitate accurate extraction of Service Consumption information for integration with CSCS internal billing systems.
Project planning and requirements gathering is being carried out to identify a replacement solution and initiate a phased approach to implementation consisting of Installation, Design, Build, Testing, Training and Rollout to Customers.