The Clinical School now offers a range of flexible teaching space with 3 Lecture Theatres, 4 interconnecting spaces, 14 seminar rooms and 3 eLearning rooms. To ensure the School maximises the use of these rooms, a new room booking system has been introduced. Traditionally rooms would be booked via MICAD and Bookwise with spaces requested from Custodians for parking. The new system allows Medschl mailbox holders to request and manage their appointments from one place, Outlook.
A new website http://rooms.medschl.cam.ac.uk/ was created to accompany the new system and to give an overview of rooms, with descriptions and photos. It is through this site that non-medschl mailbox holders will request a room.
This new system is designed with the user in mind and brings with it numerous benefits:
- Available “Auto” Rooms can be booked instantly, no waiting for confirmation
- Fewer steps for medschl users, as the booking takes your details from Outlook
- Cancel or amend bookings directly
- Room booking contact within the School (Mark Shadbolt)
- Photos of rooms and each room’s facilities can be found on the new website
- All room bookings (meeting and teaching) and parking spaces in one place