CSCS are in the process of implementing CounterAct to provide fast access to the network to authenticated users and guests, provide consumption data of the CSCS network service.
Currently there are no robust controls in place preventing users connecting to the CSCS network. This allows devices to go undetected and avoid CSCS network charges resulting in a loss in revenue and this could potentially expose the CSCS network to security risks.
The benefits of CSCS is undertaking the ForeScout CounterACT (FSCA*) project:
- prevent users avoiding network charges, ensuring that all network connections are paid for
- network configuration can be changed more easily, resulting in less maintenance time
- improved information security management as security risk reduced as all devices will be detected
- more transparent and detailed billing
- increase functionality in admin tools
- reduction in Service Desk workload in provisioning and troubleshooting network connections, for users and guests